Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 09:01 PM

Bug In Rt Click Browser Menu?

Quote:
Originally posted by srdiamond
I think one of UR's ways of saving web pages is simpler and as unambiguous as Ariadne's. You simply right click on the web page and select one of the two "Send to" alternatives.

For some reason though it isn't working on my system - the commands don't appear on the right-click menu in UR. It works in other IE-based browsers, but not in UR itself.

Stephen Diamond
Stephen, you are right, that two send to alternatives even simpler than Ariadne's.

However, as I wrote in an earlier post, I am also not able to make the right click menu appear in UR -- although it does appear in other IE browsers. I think this is a definite bug.

If it isn't a bug, it sure doesn't make any sense.

Daly
Old 06-26-2005, 09:52 PM

If you're getting it too, it must be a bug. Kevin did say this was possible in the UR browser. Since it hasn't been reported, I would guess it's a new bug.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Administrator

The store contents button is specific to the current UR item. If you navigate within the internal browser to another web page, that page is not yet an item in UR, and the store button still applies to the last UR item you were at. The button allows you to toggle the stored state of that item.

The internal browser context menu does not currently contain 'send to UR' items (the information in a prior post is incorrect), these are added only to external IE browser windows. If you are able to import a page from Firefox by dragging its URL, then the same operation of dragging or copy/pasting the URL from UR's address bar should also work. Perhaps this not working was related to the Norton setting you mentioned. I tried it with the long URL you mentioned above (and some of that page's links) and it worked ok.

Other ways to import a page from the internal browser:
Select all (Ctrl+A) or part of a web page (or a link on the page) in the internal browser and drag or copy/paste that into the UR data explorer pane (or use UR's global import shortcut key [Tools | Options | Import | Import clipboard contents hotkey] after copying). We'll also consider providing additional ways to import the page from UR's internal browser view.