Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
The problem has to do with display of the message by Internet Explorer (hosted in UR), not importing the message into UR. UR itself has no control over whether IE displays the message or opens it externally.
I guess the confusing part (to me) is why it has problems with this being the message it is importing is just simple plain text, and it doesn't do it on all of them either.

I still think it may be due to the Content flags in the message but not sure what is causing the problem. Any ideas on how to make it work w/o removing .msg from the internal browser? Can Firefox be used as the internal browser and would that work better in your opinion?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdog
I guess the confusing part (to me) is why it has problems with this being the message it is importing is just simple plain text, and it doesn't do it on all of them either.

I still think it may be due to the Content flags in the message but not sure what is causing the problem. Any ideas on how to make it work w/o removing .msg from the internal browser?
No.
Quote:
Can Firefox be used as the internal browser and would that work better in your opinion?
It can be used (see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1008), but it's not supported and I doubt it will work better (it's unlikely that Firefox supports Outlook's proprietary .msg file format).
Old 05-16-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
No.It can be used (see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1008), but it's not supported and I doubt it will work better (it's unlikely that Firefox supports Outlook's proprietary .msg file format).
It was mentioned above that the problem might be due to an incompatability with Outlook XP. Can you expand on that and if a newer version of Outlook would help? Granted this is not happening on all the emails I import into UR, it is happening on ones that I definitely wanted in there so I'd really like to get this problem resolved.