Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 03-30-2004, 07:38 PM

Error loading info for project file

Hi all,
I am trying to build a solution file using a VS.NET Action.The solution references a web project via a URL through a virtual directory created on the build machine. I am running into the following error:
Error loading info for project file 'http://localhost:801/intranet/WebProj/WebProj.csproj': The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

This configuration (Port 801) is not how I originally had the solution set up. The web projects were under the default web site originally, but I was getting the same 'Error loading info for project file......' but with a different error code (401 Unauthorized).

I have opened the solution file in VS.NET 2003 and successfully built the solution, I even researched the Make VS.NET Action and found that the action uses the 'devenv.com' command line utility. For this reason I successfully made a build of the solution using the command line, specifying the solution file with the /Build "Release" switch.

Since I can build the solution via VS.NET as well as via the command line, why can't I build the solution through VBPro's Make VS.NET Action? Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance for the help.

Thomas

P.S. I feel confident that I have all options checked correctly in the action itself. I feel like it may have to do with IIS or something??????????
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 PM

If you check the option to show the command-line syntax being used by the Make VS.Net step, and then run that command-line directly from a command-prompt, does it fail (it should fail the same way)?

If it does, what is the difference between what VBP is submitting and what you submitted before that was successful?

Kevin
Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM

Unfortunately, checking the 'Display the compiler command-line that is used...' does not display the command line. The build is failing even before the command line gets called.
What happens between the instant that the step is hit and the instant that the command line is called?

I have tried building a new dummy web project from scratch and I cannot build it. How is it possible that this build tool cannot build a simple C# web project?

The error I am getting (Error loading info for project file 'http://localhost/Intranet/WebProjectTest/WebProjectTest.csproj': The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.) makes me suspicious that the VS.NET step is trying to do something that it shouldn't (eg load info for project files). As far as I'm concerned, if this step is simply calling devenv.com, then the only thing the step should be doing is populating the command line arguments (path to solution file, debug/release version, /out options). But clearly the VBPro VS.NET step is doing somethign else.

Please ANYONE let me know what else this step is doing before it calls the devenv.com command.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=287

Also, VS.NET web projects tend to be problematic in more ways than one; you may want to consider converting them to regular projects, as described here: http://staff.develop.com/onion/Sampl...b_projects.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: