Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Calling cmd in subroutine exits build on failure

Hello

I have a problem with the Run Program step. My build contains a subroutine that restores files altered during the build to their original names. I call this step even when the build fails. Under some circumstances however, some of the files are missing, and in that case, the build just ends after the failed call to cmd inside my subroutine, although I have set the step and all other steps of the subroutine to continue building if failed. I have attached a stripped version of my build file. The "Call Finalize Build Subroutine" step after the "Restore .vcproj files" step never gets called when the "Restore original .vcproj" step in the subroutine fails for some reason.
Now I know there are some workarounds, but it would be good if I could get this to work the way it's currently implemented in the build script.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ulf
Attached Files
File Type: bld sample.bld (2.5 KB, 1119 views)
Old 08-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

A Process Files action must be a child of a subroutine step (it shouldn't be the subroutine entry point). Use a Group action as the subroutine entry point and the Process Files step as a child of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: