Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 PM

Which built-in features use the VS/.Net macros

We're upgrading an application from VS 2010 .Net 4.0 to VS 2013 and .Net 4.5.2.

I'm trying to use the same build script for the current and new versions and use use a build rule to determine if it's going to use the Make VS 2010 or Make VS 2013 action. The .sln called by each action is different with projects bound to the appropriate .Net version.

This article shows certain built-in global macros relating to VS and .Net:
http://www.kinook.com/VisBuildPro/Ma...testopttab.htm

The articles for Team Build And Team Test indicate that they use the DEVSTUDIO_NET_DIR macro. I'm not using those actions. Do I need to worry about these macros affecting anything to do with the VS 2010 or VS 2013 actions? I can override them if necessary for a particular build type, but from what I've been able to find in the documentation, I don't think that would be necessary. Is that a correct assessment?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Administrator

The Make VS actions do not use the DEVSTUDIO_NET_DIR macro (only the two actions you mentioned do).

The Make VS* actions are all aliases for the same action, so you don't actually have to switch the step action -- the action determines the matching version of VS to invoke based on the solution or project file version (see http://kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4500).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: