Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 03-30-2006, 04:26 AM

"Rollout" of Changes to Templates

Two main points here both summarised by:

"When I update a template item it would be nice to have the ability for Ultrarecall to 'sync' all existing items based on that template so that changes are made".

There are two separate actions:

1. Adding/Deleting Attributes:
This should be the easiest of the two. If a new attribute is added to the template existing items based on that template should have those attributes instantly. Likewise for removing an attribute.

2. Adding/Deleting sub-items:
I love UR's ability to not just have templates but template-tree structures. For example I have a template:

Client
-Current Status
-Contacts
-Correspondence

When I create an item from my Client template all the sub-items are created as well. Perfect!

However sometimes I might want to add a sub-item to the Client template. For example a "Costings/Quotations" folder. It would be nice to be able to have this folder then added to all exisitng "Client" items.

Caveat to the above is of course to sensible handle clashes. If there is already a "Costings/Quotations" folder (with content) I would do a "merge". Any subitems of the template version of "Costings/Quotations" are added to the item tree but nothing overwritten.

Best wishes,
Daniel
Old 04-05-2006, 12:46 PM

Ultra Recall already provides the functionality requested in #1: see http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...latemodify.htm for the details

#2 has not yet been implemented due to the issues you raised (how to accurately and consistently prevent duplication)... It is on our feature request list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: