Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 08:19 AM

Building VS.NET components with project references

Hi,
I'm trying to make a build where all components are referenced to each other using project references. When I try to build, I get an error at the first component that references one of the previous built.

I figure that something is wrong this the reference, but I can't see why. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mats-Lennart
Old 05-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Post a reproducible sample demonstrating the problem and somebody might be able to help.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:20 AM

Thanks for answering. My problem is very easy to reproduce.

First, in visual studio 2003, create a solution and include two c# projects (class libraries). Name them something like "Utils" and "UsingUtils".

In UsingUtils, add a project reference to Utils and make a method call to one of its methods.

Is Visual Build, create a new build project and add Utils and UsingUtils to it and try to build.

When doing this, I get an error when trying to build UsingUtils.

NB! When trying this a couple of times, my testexample suddenly starts to work. Is there a known bug that in some cases terminates the build process when having project references?

Thanks,

Mats-Lennart
Old 05-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Administrator

The Make VS.NET action in VBP actually invokes the VS.NET command-line compiler to perform builds, and it's very possible there is a bug in there related to this (although we haven't run into it ourselves yet). If you check the 'show command-line' checkbox on the Options tab of the Make VS.NET action and build, you could use that info to reproduce the problem outside VBP and open a support incident with MS. A list of known hotfixes for VS.NET 2003 is available here: http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...3+hotfix&na=54