Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 07-07-2005, 07:36 AM

Suggestions

1. When printing the explorer tree view, it would be helpful to have the various icons and flags print, as well. I keep an issues file which I take to meetings, and the visual cues would make it easier to find hot topics by flags.

2. For registered file types, it would be helpful to have the viewer show the actual file, rather than links to stored or linked documents. I've tried dragging excel files in, but after a while, the contents become garbled and unviewable.

3. For task items, a date picker as a small calendar would make setting dates much easier. Alarms on tasks would be wonderful.

4. A calendar which could sync certain items (like in InfoSelect) to Pocket PC would be a winner, although I realize it would take some doing.

Thanks for a wonderful product! It has really helped me in my job as a manager and database programer.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Administrator

1. If you enable display of flags in the tree (Tools | Options | Trees | Show item flag icon in tree), the tree print/preview will include the flags.

2. I'm not quite following this. You can configure Excel documents to display in the embedded browser by adding .xls to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser. What do you mean by 'the contents become garbled and unviewable'? Can you zip and post an example?

3. Those are on the list for a future release.

4. One method would be to export to CSV and import that into a Palm-enabled app that can import CSV. See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1082 for details on doing this with ListPro.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Re: Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
4. A calendar which could sync certain items (like in InfoSelect) to Pocket PC would be a winner, although I realize it would take some doing.
I was similarly desperate to get UR info into Outlook and my Palm, so wrote an Outlook macro to schedule UR tasks into Outlook calendar. I just posted it in the User Tips section in case you or others are interested in it:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1151

Unfortunately you can't synchronize changes back to UR (don't have programmatic access to UR database) but at least you can put the info on your calendar and take it with you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: