Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 12-10-2004, 11:02 AM

Question Application log question

In my automatic build, I have a folder that builds the application and then I have a Results folder. The Results folder contains a bunch of zips that I create and move over. I am looking to get the Application log in that directory as well because it is the only log of information that we have to help understand why a build failed. The problem is that the XML log file does not become well formatted XML until VBP ends. So even if I make the last step of my process to copy the log file over to the Results folder, it is missing the closing XML tags. Is there a way to get that log file to print out the rest of the information and then move it over to another folder? Is there a good way to do this? Thanks for any help!!
Old 12-10-2004, 11:27 AM

A Transform Log step can be used for this purpose, part of its functionality is to add closing XML tags. If you don't want to transform your xml output (but just write it out as xml), simply leave the XSLT stylesheet entry field blank.

See the documentation for more details. Note that starting with version 5.6, the default stylesheet output does include nested builds...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: