Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-13-2007, 12:14 PM

date = item title

Is there a way to insert current date as item title in a template? I know I can <F2> & replace w date or date/time. If not, could it be added to a list? Tks,
Old 06-13-2007, 12:24 PM

have not seen a native way.
However, for such issue and many others where you want things done in a certain way and the app does not support it, I always use macro application to do it. You will be amazed how much functionality you can add to programs this way. Some of these macro app even provide application specific toolbar buttons!!!

For example, I have macros that email info items in UR. Others I have written to save and apply rich text styles and tables.

Instead of waiting on such a feature to be added to UR, you can very very simply write a one line macro that does just that i.e. edit item title and put in a date of any format you want.

The best macro apps I found were MacroExpress, Automize, and AutoHotKey. All are top notch.

I'm sure there are more.

Thank you
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Item | Rename To | Date (or Date+Time). You can tie a keyboard shortcut to these commands (Tools | Customize | Keyboard) or put them on a toolbar (Tools | Customize | Commands).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: