Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 11:48 AM

Since I could telnet to the machine on port 25 I was pretty sure that the basic comminications were there. The XP firewall on the build machine was disabled but I was still pretty sure that the problem was on the client. So just for heck of it I added an exception to the XP firewall for port 25. It didn't help....until I rebooted and then I was able to send mail. I went back in and unchecked the exception in the XP firewall for that port and it was still able to commincate. However since it required a reboot after a change before it stands to reason I needed to reboot again. After rebooting I was back to getting the same error. So once more I went to the XP firewall, checked the port 25 exception I added before. I knew I'd need to reboot but I tried to send mail and it failed as I guessed it would. After a reboot it was working again. So somehow the XP firewall is doing stuff even though I've turned it off. Why the telnet worked but sending mail didn't I can't explain, but at least I know how to fix it now.