Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-18-2021, 05:43 PM

(Still) trying to view PDFs in UR using non-Adobe viewer

I've asked about this before: https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5481... still having problems.

Trying to use a non-Adobe pdf viewer within UR. My latest attempt is to use Sumatra. In Windows' Default Settings I have set pdf files to be opened with Sumatra.In Windows Explorer I have likewise set .pdf files to be opened with Sumatra. For good measure I also uninstalled Adobe Reader DC.

And indeed PDFs are now opened with Sumatra, however UR will not display the PDF in the browser, instead it asks if I want to open or save. Choosing "Open" opens the PDF in Sumatra, not in UR.

Is it impossible to open a PDF within UR using anything other than Adobe Acrobat? If it is then I will give up trying...
Old 12-18-2021, 06:29 PM

Tried Foxit instead of Sumatra, but it too opens the PDFs externally. (Only as opposed to Sumatra you don't get the message about "do you want to open or save?").

(.pdf has been set as one of the extensions in the "display in internal browser view" throughout)
Old 12-20-2021, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Sumatra does not integrate with browsers.

I installed the latest Foxit Reader (11.1.0.52543) on Windows 11.21H2.22000.376 with Ultra Recall 6.2, added .pdf to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view, and PDFs render in UR.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2021, 08:48 AM

I've been using foxit reader successfully to view pdf within UR integrated browser. In addition to Kinook's response above, I had to restart UR after installing foxit.

Good luck.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:36 PM

Seeing the most recent version of Foxit being used in the example above made me realise I've got into the habit of using an older Foxit as there were features in the newer versions I wasn't keen on (not even sure what those were now). Anyway I installed the most recent version and of course it works perfectly in UR.

Quite understandable that a retro version of a piece of software no longer works with UR as it should. Anyway, problem solved.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: