Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM

explorer pane opens un-necessarily?

A favorite is constructed from an explorer item. One of my layouts has the explorer pane hidden yet when I cliick on a favorite the explorer window pops out & then recedes.

I don't know why clicking on a favorite should call Ex at all since the favorite is a pre-selected explorer item.

IMO it shouldn't work that way. It's sort of annoying & useless unless I'm missing something.

Thank you.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:15 PM

We can't reproduce this behavior - does the problem occur for all favorites, does it also occur with other layouts having the Data Explorer Pane set to auto-hide?

Please ZIP and send (to support@kinok.com) or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"

Note: almost all of the theme, toolbar and docking/auto-hide pane functionality is provided by a third-party component which we have not developed. If we can reproduce the behavior we will report the problem to the vendor of this component.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:24 PM

This behavior occurs in all views where the explorer is hidden. If the Explorer is closed & I click on favorite the explorer pane opens and snaps into place, i.e. it re-arranges the windows, making the details pane smaller vs sliding over on top of it. I hope the distinction is clearly explained.

Before taking all those steps, was this tested on w2k or xp machine? Thank you.

Last edited by janrif; 04-03-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 AM

I just retested on both WinXPPro and Win2KPro (with SP4) and it works as expected in all tests on both OS's for me.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
I just retested on both WinXPPro and Win2KPro (with SP4) and it works as expected in all tests on both OS's for me.
Thank you for that. One last thing before I go thru all the zipping, etc. Kyle sent me a registration fix for pop up ads. I intalled it & wonder if that could be part of this? Could you confer on this? Could this be a display card issue? I ask because it works as advertised on my xp-pro sp2 but not n my w2k sp4. Is there some setting/registration value I can look at? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:24 PM

I don't believe the settings for the popup blocking would affect this behavior.

You might try using the options registry values from the XPPro system on the Win2KPro system as a simple test. Here are the steps to try this:
1) Export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options" on the XPPro system to a .reg file
2) Export the same key on the Win2K system to a .reg file as a backup
3) delete this registry key on the Win2K system
4) import the XPPro exported .reg file on the Win2K system

To revert back to the original registry settings on the Win2K system, delete the Options key again, and import the original Win2K .reg file you exported
Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
[snip] To revert back to the original registry settings on the Win2K system, delete the Options key again, and import the original Win2K .reg file you exported
The XP options.reg is minimalist, i.e. not a copy of what's on the W2K machine. I think another test might be to copy my options over to the XP machine & see what happens there.

I thought maybe you might consider looking at my w2k-sp4 options.reg file to see if you see something strange so I'm uploaded it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip options.zip (2.5 KB, 951 views)
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 PM

You need to turn uncheck the "Set focus to active pane when going to an item" option found at Tools | Options | Miscellaneous <tab>.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
You need to turn uncheck the "Set focus to active pane when going to an item" option found at Tools | Options | Miscellaneous <tab>.
Wonderful. That was it. Thanks so much for sticking w me to solve this annoying problem.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: