Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 11-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Unhappy InstallShield 12 warning considered an error

I've noticed since we upgraded to InstallShield 12 that the warning for including the .NET framework in an InstallShield project is now considered an error by Visual Build Pro 6.2a.

Here is the warning that is not being handled correctly:

ISDEV : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

This appears to happen to any merge modules that require .NET framework or setups that require .NET Framework.

How can I get past this problem in our build scripts?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

The VBP InstallShield action uses the process exit code to determine success/failure, so apparently IS 12 returns a non-zero exit code for warnings. VBP will log the exit code, so you could use the technique described here to treat that situation as successful:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1463
Old 11-20-2006, 12:41 PM

Talking

Thanks you for the tremendous support. It is always appreciated.

I wanted to post my results so if someone else runs into this same problem they will know how to fix it. The solution I received from Kinook was helpful, but didn't solve the real problem. The problem was an issue with InstallShield 12. It requires a dll hot-fix from Macrovision to address this problem.

You can find the updated dlls at this link: http://support.installshield.com/kb/...icleid=Q112251

The solution that Kinook provided does ignore the error however the command-line builder of InstallShield is what really has the bug. It simply stopped the setup build from continuing even though a warning was posted (which is the bug). Once the InstallShield dll is updated, the problem will no longer occur.

Again, thanks for the suggested solution. I'm always impressed by the professional service I get from Kinook.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: