Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Old 07-08-2005, 04:03 PM

Schedule UR Tasks in Outlook

I wrote an Outlook macro that, with a few keystrokes, lets me schedule my UR Task info items into the Outlook calendar, taking into account priority and duration, scheduling around existing appointments and within specified work times, and adding all UR Item Text to the body of each scheduled task in Outlook. This then allows me to sync to my Palm.

To use it, you Copy Grid Values from the results pane of a search and run the macro in Outlook. For all the details on how to setup and use, read the "URSchedule Read Me.txt" in the attached zip file.

I like to work off of a daily schedule which includes all tasks rather than a to do list, which is why I designed it this way. Figured I would post it here in case anyone else found it useful. Let me know if you run into any bugs (note that this was developed for Outlook XP/2002... not sure how it will work with other versions).

Andrew
Attached Files
File Type: zip urschedule.zip (8.7 KB, 2361 views)

Last edited by xja; 07-22-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM

By the way, if you choose to use the custom Priority and Duration feature:

in UR, the Priority attribute should String type, use List Values of 1, 2, and 3 to match High, Normal, Low in Outlook. Duration should be a Number type and is the length of time to complete the task, in minutes.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Updated version

I added the ability to import UR items into the Outlook Tasks folder and the Outlook Notes folder.

If you have previously imported items using v1.0 that are still in your Outlook calendar, I suggest that you run the v1.0 macro and use Clear Only to clear out the old items before installing the new macro, otherwise you will have to remove them manually (if you want them removed at all). This is because the Outlook category name I am using to identify which items are UR items has changed from "URTask" to "UR Items".

Changes from v1.0:
- added ability to import into Tasks folder or Notes folder as well
- saves preference of whether to clear previously imported items in registry

To install if you already have v1.0 installed, in Visual Basic Editor, before importing the new .bas and .frm files, right click the original URUtils module and select Remove..., then do the same for frmURSchedule form.
Attached Files
File Type: zip urschedule v1.1.zip (9.9 KB, 2307 views)

Last edited by xja; 07-22-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 PM

In case there are any people that still use this macro despite the now built-in Outlook integration (I do because I need to push Tasks from UR into Outlook and I need to schedule them automatically), one of the recent UR updates prevented an Item Text column in the Search Results grid from showing the actual Item Text for Tasks (and Appointments). Instead, it was blank. So the Item Text could not be copied into Outlook using this macro.

Kinook just updated the UR download file to fix this issue, so now you can once again include the Item Text column in the Search Results, and the text will be displayed, copied and imported into Outlook (as the Notes field of a Task, Appointment, or Note) when you use this macro.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:02 PM

thanks for letting us know xja - as I do use this macro quite frequently
Old 03-31-2006, 09:01 AM

Glad you find it useful. btw, in my first post I mentioned I developed this for Outlook XP/2002. I recently switched to Outlook 2003 and the macro works perfectly fine in that version as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: