Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Question New User Questions

I've just purchased UR and as I begin to enter data, some general questions have come up:

* Is is possible to indent text in the Text info item?

* Is the best/only way to tell if a web page is linked or stored the Document Size attribute? (Null = linked, not null = stored?)

* I like the "form" concept in the Contact's Item Details pane. I would like to set up a similar form for Tasks to enhance the usability of that info item. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Mark
Old 01-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Re: New User Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkS
I've just purchased UR and as I begin to enter data, some general questions have come up:

* Is is possible to indent text in the Text info item?
Yes, if 'Tools | Options | Editor | Insert tab character into editor when focused' is checked.

Quote:
* Is the best/only way to tell if a web page is linked or stored the Document Size attribute? (Null = linked, not null = stored?)
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=641

Quote:

* I like the "form" concept in the Contact's Item Details pane. I would like to set up a similar form for Tasks to enhance the usability of that info item. Is this possible?
User-customized forms are not currently supported, although we are considering if for a future release.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the quick responses.

On the tab question, I meant to ask about bullets, not text. Indenting text works as expected, but I can't seem to indent bullets. Is indenting bullets supported?

Thanks.

Mark
Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 PM

Currently you can't indent rtf bullets in Ultra Recall.

One option is to copy the text, paste it into an rtf editor (such as Microsoft Word), do the formatting there, then copy it back into Ultra Recall.
Note: You can also hit Ctrl+J (Open Document) to open the rtf editor with the text from the Info Item, then edit the text, and then copy it back (to eliminate a couple of steps).

We have added the capability of editing rtf text in a non-document Info Item externally with Open Document to our feature request list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: