Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-08-2007, 07:41 AM

changing SynchronousLevel

Kinook, on my w2k-sp4 machine, I made the register change mentioned in the 3.2 notes 7 it appeared to me that copying websites slowed down. I'm wondering if this has to do w w2k vs xp os. Do you have any test results on this?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I don't think there's any way that lowering the synchronous level could slow down database update times. I didn't notice a measurable difference in the time to import a web page with different SynchronousLevel settings on W2K or XP. Any database access time will typically be dwarfed by the time to retrieve the web page, its icon, and other files it references.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
I don't think there's any way that lowering the synchronous level could slow down database update times. I didn't notice a measurable difference in the time to import a web page with different SynchronousLevel settings on W2K or XP. Any database access time will typically be dwarfed by the time to retrieve the web page, its icon, and other files it references.
OK, then I misunderstood the new feature note: "Options to increase import/update performance [/snip] "

Instead what should I expect by changing the sync registry setting? Is that just for syncing w Outlook or a folder?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Functionality that is database-update intensive will be faster (for instance, permanently deleting or copying thousands of items, importing a very large CSV or XML file, etc.).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: