Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-12-2006, 10:19 PM

Changing Order of Item Attributes

I've gone through the manual, and attempted to figure out how to change the order of the Item Attributes. Looks like they are defaulted to alphabetic sort order.

I would like to change that to a more "natural" order for filling them in. Can this be done? Seems like an important feature - I'm likely missing something.

Great program, it's turning heads at my work. Think they'll be some more sales from my way ;-)

Rick
Old 01-13-2006, 08:10 AM

Currently this is not possible, although it is on our todo list. Using Categorized ordering will group attributes by category (alphebetized within the category). You can also name/rename non-system attributes, prefixing with a letter or number to kind of fudge it.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
Currently this is not possible, although it is on our todo list. Using Categorized ordering will group attributes by category (alphebetized within the category). You can also name/rename non-system attributes, prefixing with a letter or number to kind of fudge it.
I thought about the renaming, using 001FieldName, 002FieldName - and it will work with non-system Attributes, but if I want to include in an eMail template I made: From, To, CC and a created message date field, then I can only mod the non-system date field I made, and CC will be the next on the list prior to From and To.

From being ahead of To works ok, and my Date field naturally sorts above the From, but having the CC ahead of everything, or at least being first after the Date is less intuitive for data entry.

Look forward to this being accomodated if at all possible in future updates.

Thanks,
Rick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: