Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Process completed with exit code -2146233082

Hello,
This may not be Visual Build Pro bug, but I'm getting this error from VS .NET when I compile a Solution from Visual Build Pro. None of our development staff complain they are getting this error in their environment.

Fatal execution engine error.
Process completed with exit code -2146233082

I did some Googling on this exception, but couldn't find anything that leads me to a solution. This error doesn't happen all the time however. I hate it when this happens, but it happens intermittently. It worries me because it happens quite often.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this issue. I will also post this issue to vsnet newsgroup.

Thanks for any help on this issue.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Administrator

That is an error reported by Visual Studio (devenv), which the Make VS.NET action invokes to actually build a solution. You can check the 'Display the compiler command-line...' checkbox on the Options tab and build again, then copy/paste the command used to provide the full info on how devenv is being invoked when opening a support incident with MS.

Note that when executed outside of VBP, you'll only get the 'fatal execution...' error string, and not the exit code unless you explicitly log that (i.e., put the command in a batch file and echo %ERRORLEVEL% afterwards). BTW, the exit code corresponds to 0x80131506 (hex).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: