Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 07-25-2005, 08:14 AM

scheduled task for VisualBuild produces incorrect results

Hello

We've been using VisualBuild for a long period of time for internal company needs. And all went fine.

But recently I encountered very strange bug - after scheduled builds all our building VB apps have screwed up windows i.e. the windows in the apps have incorrect margins. The windows are screwed up even in very simple apps without any external ActiveX controls embedded.

As soon as I rebuild the apps either from within VisualBuild or from VB IDE all works fine.

After some experiments I found that it happens only from within Scheduled Tasks and doesn't relate to VisualBuild. I wrote very simple .cmd file which runs only VB6.exe, compiles the project and the executable has screwed up windows.

The scheduled task is run under the same Windows account as I use for anything else. This account has admin rights.

I'll very appreciate if you can shed a light on this issue if you ever faced this. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:49 PM

We have never experienced this situation, or ever had it reported to us. A quick search on the 'net didn't turn up anything related either.

It is hard to imagine what could be causing this particular situation to occur only when scheduled... Perhaps a user on the forum has encountered a similar error or has an idea for you to try??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: