Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Question Switching from Info Select / OneNote to UR but need Mac support!

I've always been interested in info manager software, and continue to look at new software, updates to old ones, and ran across UR. A number of things intrigued me, and it seems that it is a better take on Info Select (they've gotten too focused on the email capabilities on that tool and don't release updates often enough for the $$).

However, I couldn't get away from its transporter tool -- until now. UR's capture is excellent, and having it configured to place new items in one place is the one thing I've begged Info Select to do for a long time.

Here's the catch -- I'm a Treo 650 user, and want my data with me. I saw the thread on the export option to Listpro, but it's an export, not a sync, and I want my latest data to come with me. One of the reasons I'm really pursuing changing is that I'm heavily considering going to a Mac.

If one of the developers responds and says it's on the roadmap, I'll jump in with both feet right now, as my Mac purchase won't happen until later this year. I tried OneNote in parallel for a while now, and while its GUI kicks the tar out of Info Select, it's limited nesting just kills me, and there are NO plans for them to make a Mac version.

Any info? Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 PM

We do not have plans for a Mac version of Ultra Recall at this point (we have had several inquiries but the effort required is too high to justify it at this point). We use several third-party components in Ultra Recall, most of which are not available for Mac development...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:28 PM

doh...

I'm already so hooked on that copy-c, win-v feature...

On another note, I can't get UR to import my Info Select cleanly -- it seams to ignore all nesting and topic items. Any thoughts there?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:07 PM

The only nesting/indenting info exported by Info Select is tabs inserted in the text/rich text export, but this IS export format doesn't include a reliable delimiter between different items.

The recommended procedure of importing "Note Delimited" format data from Info Select only includes Notes data, and does not include nesting/indenting.

It may be possible to add the capability to Ultra Recall to detect item breaks in the IS rtf export with some effort. We will put this request on our todo list, but for now, there isn't a way to directly import IS topics, etc while retaining indent information...

One note, from our limited testing, it appears that Info Select can't import its own export (ie. you can't re-import their own export data into even a similar layout). When you try, it simply imports the entire file as a single entry...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: