Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
[B][snip] I just noticed this thread a couple of days ago. Needless to say I was shocked! As a relatively new UR Pro user - I just purchased it a few months ago and have been working to master it ever since - I have been stopped in my tracks, so to speak. Do I continue in my deep learning curve with UR-P? Or start examining other options?[/snip]
obviously a personal decision... but depending on your specific needs, the dilemma is there is problem nothing better out there @ this time.

There are other programs in the works, ex: SQLnotes (aka InfoQube or IQ) & Tom Davis aka Zoot has already or is just about ready to publish a new version of Zoot w RTF. And there is 'The Brain' if you are into Mind Mapping or other apps like GemX's DoOrganizer or OneNote.

Quote:
[snip] obviously I never saw the "stopping development" notice, as it was apparently replaced by the new, unimproved Roadmap - has Kinook ever commented on the development freeze? [snip] I haven't found any other comments other than those in this thread.[/snip]
To be accurate the Roadmap was not changed but the statement about further development was changed to be less definite.

If you go to URL http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3848 you will see that Kinook has responded to a new user asking how often they update by stating:

"It varies. Judging from past history of our products, from a couple months to a few years. We don't currently have an ETA for the next UR release."

Other than that I haven't seen any further clarification other than what you've read. Perhaps some one else has more information or.... gasp.... maybe Kinook will actually drop in here & answer your question.