Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-26-2007, 03:54 PM

RTTI error

What the heck does this mean:

Access Violation - No RTTI data!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Not really sure. What are the steps to reproduce?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Re: RTTI error

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
What the heck does this mean:

Access Violation - No RTTI data!
Don't know...

I had a chat to a colleague of mine recently who got W2K when it first came out. (At the time he would quite happy boast to us it's general stability and prowess over Win98SE.) However, he did admit that it came at a small price. About every 1 to 2 years, to maintain stability and performance, he would wipe his hard disk and reload windows. He suggested that very heavy W2K users would reload every year and light users every few years.

Janrif, I offer these comments with genuine sincerity. If your computer is in good shape, (only) a few years old and running the original installation of W2K, then it might be time to do a windows refresh.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM

I got this too. 4 tabs open. I closed one so the focus would go to a document that's an imported and stored Word document (Word 2007 is installed, document is .doc). Click OK on Ultra Recall Professional: Access violation - no RTTI data! message and it just re-appears.

When I close UR with task manager and restart only the other two tabs are open, ie., not the one I closed and not the one that's the Word doc.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM

RTTI data -- what is it?

closing a tab caused AV - no RTTI data.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 AM

Same issue here.

Open multiple tabs of different infoitems also of multiple stored file formats. All close ok except Outlook and Outlook Express stored messages. Any attempt to close any of those returns Access violation - no RTTI data. Have to kill UR .

I remember getting this error back in v. 3.2, then in 3.2.1 it was corrected. Now the issue is present in 3.2.2.

Win XPpro SP2, 1Gb Ram.

Last edited by Leoram; 09-18-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 PM

greater instability

Sorry to report I am getting more & more frequent AV's RTTI's & exceptions. I cleaned up, compacted & repaired db & I though that might have cured some of the problems but not so. This is now disturbing.

I am spending more time worrying about URp than using it sorry to say. I understand these comments don't help solve the problem(s) but I also don't have all the time necessary to spend on constant tech matters either despite the # of posts I've made on this forum.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 PM

I do not know if this will make you feel any better. I have been using the trace build for over 2 wks now and was able to send at least 5 trace and dump files to Kinook support.

Kinook identified a pattern where each AV/crash was preceded by some sqlite abort errors. But this what it is, just a pattern. It is not the root cause or for that matter can even lead to it.

As of today, Kinook still reports that despite the many incidences of these errors, they can not reproduce them in their labs. Unfortunately, the trace/dmp files have not revealed anything significant enough to cheer anyone up.

I truly think this effort needs our collective effort. If you are getting these errors that often, please please please install the trace build and share the trace files with Kinook. I see no other way to crack this obstinate bug(s).
Old 09-20-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cnewtonne
I truly think this effort needs our collective effort. If you are getting these errors that often, please please please install the trace build and share the trace files with Kinook. I see no other way to crack this obstinate bug(s).
Cannot agree more.

I was trying to dl the debug build, but it was no longer available ... I got a few AVs in the last week ... again no pattern that I could think of, the only thing that was common ... I was using some other programs and after say 20 minutes of not using UR wanted to search inside ... bang AV, but many apps open at that time to maybe conclude that it could be related to some soft interference ... but the error message in the trace file always the same:

CSqliteWrapper::exec() sqlite aborted: Unknown error. sql
void __thiscall CPimxThread::NonLockedProc(void) interrupted

seems like some processes were not or could not be locked ... I don't know how is this handled in sqlite ... another thing that I don't really like ... why "unknown error" when sqlite aborted? ... it must have aborted somewhere ... is this programmed in C++?, where was the exception thrown? ... what has gone wrong? Could the sql database be in some "unspecified" state when it's in the middle of one operation and trying to do some other on the same item? I don't know, ...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 PM

my trace files shows pretty same pattern. This is what I know so far ...

- Crash occurs shortly after these sqlite abort messages as they always appear at end of file.

- Kinook says that it is not uncommon for this to happen and UR should handle it. For example, related item windows is loading a list of items while user decided to switch tabs or items causing the sqlite operation to abort accordingly.

- Kinook thinks the issue is occurring at the sqlite data layer but it does not manifest itself as a hard error that can be trapped.

- This is most likely resulting from some external process or system setting somehow somewhere.

In a nutshell, we know nothing of value to repair it.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 AM

I've gotten AVs from time to time too.. would very much like to be running a debug build..

Is it available somewhere?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: