Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 PM

Unhappy Searching for Numbers

I am trying to conduct a search to find number string (eg 345) which may be located in either the Item Title or in the Item Text and UR refuses to find the items containing the number, yet searching for text which is the same field finds the Item. If I combine text and number then UR will find the Item.

Is UR unable to find text which are numbers or is there a setting which causes this behaviour.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM

Me too! How odd.

I have an item that has the following text in it:

6-22
grand island koa (800) 562-0850
tent $21.70

If I search for 22, 6-22, 800, (800) or any other numbers I get no hits in advanced or Quick search.

If I search on koa (800) I also get no hits.

I only get hits if I leave all numbers out of my search criteria.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM

By default Ultra Recall does not keyword digits, but this feature can easily be enabled at Tools | Options | Import | Keyword words containing digits.
Note that you will need to re-sync/re-keyword items that were imported before this setting is changed (simply select the items and Synchronize).

Another option that can be used (without changing this setting and resyncing existing items) is to use the Item Title or Item Text as the attribute with a Matches Wildcard *<number or phrase here>* as the search criteria (essentially an Extended Phrase Search).
Note that use of the Item Text virtual attribute is inefficient and could result in a long-running search, it is recommended that a limited search be used with large databases.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:00 AM

Talking

Have re-synched as suggested and it works a treat, the wildcard option also works well.

Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: