Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Can UR Replace Outlook 2007

Is it viable to replace all the day-to-day functionalities of the Outlook 2007 Tasks and Appointments with UR? Has anyone implemented Tasks and Appointments exclusively with UR? Can you share your experience with us?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 PM

I'm disappointed by Outlook 2007. Huge number of time-saving features in OL2003 are now removed in OL2007. For the global search is no longer possible in OL2007. The Search Folder supports emails only. Simultaneous search of appointments, emails, journal records, notes,...etc. is impossible in OL2007.

I hope UR users can share your experiences with us. Do you exclusively use UR instead of Outlook?

Armstrong
Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM

I've never used Outlook so I can't say whether UR can replace its functionalities cause I don't know what it offers ... all my tasks, appointments are in UR exclusivelly. Apart from the missing nice visual calendar view, I'm quite happy with it ...
and as you probably know, the tasks, appointments and searches can get quite sophisticated in UR, I doubt Outlook offers as much as UR when you do sth like GTD or similar ...
Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
I've never used Outlook so I can't say whether UR can replace its functionalities cause I don't know what it offers ... all my tasks, appointments are in UR exclusively. Apart from the missing nice visual calendar view, I'm quite happy with it ...
You're the first person I know who doesn't live on Outlook. I'm amazed by such possibility. Thank you for motivating me to experiment Outlook-less environment.
IMHO, Outlook 2007's design is fundamentally wrong, treating Outlook items (objects) as completely isolated islands. For example, if you wish to finds all items (objects) related to Kinook including all appointments, tasks and emails, that's impossible in OL2007 now unless Windows Search is installed. The latter consumes enormous CPU and memory resources.

On the other hand, UR's design is fundamentally sound, modern, robust, humanistic, and pragmatic.

BTW, how about the email? Which software do you use? Is it Thurderbird 2?

Thanks for sharing your user experience with us.

Armstrong