Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Question Outlook & UR Strange Results

I have played around with the "Outlook" sample UR database.

A couple of questions/observations:

#1. I can edit/add items to the calendar, but NOTwith contacts & Tasks. In tasks, I can edit, but can't create new ones. With Contact, I can't edit or add new.

#2. In the "InBox Viewer" I can see my emails, but not the body of the message (Unless I double click & open the message) . Am I doing something wrong?? Is there a way to view the body message in UR??

#3. I've tried to drag & drop item from the Outlook "Viewer"items window into the tree, but always get an error message "Error Pasting Data: unexpected error occurred" ... is there such a thing as an "expected error" :-) Any ideas on this one????

Thanks for your help!!

-jj
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM

The "viewers" which are demonstrated in the Outlook.urd sample are provided by Microsoft and are not full featured - they are mostly "viewers" not editors (although some do allow some editing)...

When you drag items from these viewers, an appropriate format on the clipboard is not available, which prevents Ultra Recall from handling the "drop" action - hence the "unexpected error" message (which could be more clear).
Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
The "viewers" which are demonstrated in the Outlook.urd sample are provided by Microsoft and are not full featured - they are mostly "viewers" not editors (although some do allow some editing)...

When you drag items from these viewers, an appropriate format on the clipboard is not available, which prevents Ultra Recall from handling the "drop" action - hence the "unexpected error" message (which could be more clear).
Thanks for the info!!!!

Do you think this feature will be added to UR???

I think it would be a great feature to use the Outlook viewer and drag & drop outlook items into the UR tree.

For example, I have a big project. I would use this feature to link emails, appointments, contacts... together with my content in UR.

What say you???

-jj
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 AM

As stated in my previous response, Microsoft does not put any documented formats on the clipboard that can be utilized by Ultra Recall to support this, so at this point it seems unlikely that this can be supported...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: