Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 03:28 AM

invalid character and XML Log

The step "Transform XML Log" of my project doesn't create the html log because in the output there is invalid character. In other PC the same project works well, in spite of invalid characters. But in this PC, it fails. Why in one PC works and in other PC doesn't work?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Administrator

What are the invalid characters? Perhaps the MSXML parser on one of the boxes is buggy? Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) A reproducible test case (.bld file that can be built here and reproduces the invalid characters)
3) A build log file

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:23 AM

I think I know what is the problem, but I don't find a solution. In the builder log, Visual Build donīt know to convert the "invalid character" to a "valid character". VB does the same conversion well in other PCs. Installshield 10.5 produces the "invalid character". This problem happens with versions 6.1 and 5.7 of VB, and with the "Windows XP Home".

This is a fragment of the build log with "invalid characters":

D:\DailyBuild\20060517\SurferMatrix\Install\Instal adores_v10.5\SurferMatrix\Script Files\Setup.rul(791) : warning W7503: '_DeleteNTService' : function defined but never called

Last edited by iryshia; 05-17-2006 at 10:33 AM.