Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 PM

iOS Client

I realize that developing a full-fledged iOS version of UR would be a big endeavor. However, I also believe this would be highly beneficial to both UR users, many of whom undoubtedly have iPhones and iPads and also to Kinook, as you would gain instant exposure for UR in the App Store and probably double your sales.

As an interim solution, may I propose that you develop a stripped down read-only iOS version of UR? Since UR is based on SQLite, I imagine it would be fairly simple to develop an SQLite front-end that's customized for UR and would give users access to their data on the go. Make it connect to Dropbox via their API and you wouldn't even have to deal with synchronization as Dropbox would handle this automatically.

For those who would complain about a large database exceeding the capacity of their iPhone, I would ask, how large is your database? I have thousands of Info Items in mine and the total size is around 100 MB, which would be a drop in the bucket even on an 8 GB iPhone. Even a 2 GB database or larger would be nothing that the smallest capacity iOS devices couldn't handle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: