Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM

Flag Colors

Does anyone create and adopt a Flag Color system?
Can you share with us?
Now I nearly assign all items of importance to Red Flag.
I wonder how other flag colors could be applied in a systematic and coherent manner. I believe it's a useful tool because it's searchable.
Thanks in advance.
Armstrong
Old 10-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Re: Flag Colors

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
Does anyone create and adopt a Flag Color system?
Can you share with us?
Now I nearly assign all items of importance to Red Flag.
I wonder how other flag colors could be applied in a systematic and coherent manner. I believe it's a useful tool because it's searchable.
Thanks in advance.
Armstrong
In my Lead Tracking db I use None (default, uncolored) to indicate a Lead that has an email; Purple for a Lead with only a mailing address or just a phone number; Green for a Lead that became a client; Blue for Leads that have responded in some fashion; Red for Leads that have asked to be dropped or no longer have an interest.

Mainly they are visual indicators of something that can be discerned at a glance in the tree - other dbs have a different color scheme, or no scheme depending on the db.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Hi ashwken
It's nice to see back again.
Thanks for offering some idea about color flag setting.
What's more important is you're revealing no perfect color scheme can be applied universally to all URDs.
Thanks.
BTW, I'm also surprised by your applying UR to CRM in lieu of ACT! (http://www.act.com/).
Armstrong
Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
Hi ashwken
It's nice to see back again.
Thanks for offering some idea about color flag setting.
What's more important is you're revealing no perfect color scheme can be applied universally to all URDs.
Thanks.
BTW, I'm also surprised by your applying UR to CRM in lieu of ACT! (http://www.act.com/).
Armstrong
I haven't made the upgrade to v.4 yet so I haven't had much to contribute, but I'm still lurking.

Act was one program in consideration before I settled on UR, but price and the fact that UR would be useful beyond CRM (both for business and personal) made the decesion for me. Granted, Act does roll a lot of functionality into one package, but for me much of this was duplicated in various stand-alone programs that I was already using. For example, I use PageMaker for advertising and flyer layout.

Back on topic, yes Flag Colors are going to be dependent on the individual's needs and their perception of meaning within the context of their db. I've often thought that it would be nice to be able to assign a color based on a conditional expression, but manual assignment gets the job done.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
Back on topic, yes Flag Colors are going to be dependent on the individual's needs and their perception of meaning within the context of their db. I've often thought that it would be nice to be able to assign a color based on a conditional expression, but manual assignment gets the job done.
Hi ashwken,
Thanks for your valuable feedback.
In a sense, yes, condition-based assignment of flag colors is doable though directly. You can select info items matching your conditions. In the Search Results pane, select all items and press, say, Shift+R (red flag).
Armstrong