Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 10-17-2006, 01:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to conrad
Question Regex

Hi all,

Im trying to use a regex syntax Release( Mindependency)? to build my solution files in both release and release mindependency and this regex doesnt work . I thought that it was correct as it was in the tutorial links . The scenario was to build it in Release version if it finds it otherwise Release MinDependency.
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

That should work, provided that the solution contains solution configurations named 'Release' and 'Release Mindependency'. If it does, please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The .bld file
3) A build log file
4) The .sln file and project files (no source code files)

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 PM

Sorry ! I didnt exlain it better , My vsbuild contains a Process step from which it search for all solutions files then build it using Make VS.NET step with a %PROCFILES_FULLPATH% (I believe this macro contains all the sln files search) . What I want to accomplish is to build from whatever default solution config it find whether its release or release mindependency because some of my solution files is build using release and some rel mindependency . The problem is that the build will break if I only choose one configuration from Make VS.NET step and I dont want to build all the sln config . I'm trying to solve it using a regular expression so the sln files should build using its default configuration . Can you post an example of regex ?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Administrator

You can't use a regex to determine the default solution configuration. But if the configuration you want will always start with Release, using Release.* would work. See http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/regex.htm for more info on regular expressions.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 AM

Thumbs up

That just solved my problem , Thanks men!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: