Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-20-2006, 07:01 PM

Trouble with reimporting a folder

Hello,

No matter whether I check the "Create logically linked items for duplicate URLs" checkbox a not, the folder and contents are always imported into a new folder with the original's name with an (2) added to the end.

I thought that the Folder Syncretization function would allow me to simply import files newly added to the Windows Explorer folder. Do I misunderstand this function or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Timothy
Old 01-20-2006, 07:29 PM

Your understanding of that import option is correct, it sounds like something is causing Ultra Recall to not detect the duplicate url.

The duplicate url detection in Ultra Recall is case-sensitive, did the folder being re-imported get renamed with different case? You can confirm this by the comparing the re-imported folder's url value with that of the originally imported folder...
Old 01-20-2006, 07:56 PM

The urls appear to be identical. I have tried this using multiple different folders, always with the same result.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 PM

I have discovered the source of the problem. Folder Syncronization doesn't work on folders in the same folder as the UR database. A generally place my UR databases in a folder called "Ultra Recall" and place subfolders of documents in the same folder. Folder synchronization fails on the Ultra Recall subfolders, but works on folders locates elsewhere.

Can Folder Synchronization be enabled for folders in the same folder as the UR database?

Thanks,
Timothy

Last edited by tshare; 01-20-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:04 PM

We have reproduced the reported behaviour. The Ultra Recall v1.4b install file has been updated with a fix for the issue, please re-download the latest install file and re-install which should resolve the issue for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: