Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 AM

auto-sort children

It seems that in 1.3 sorting of children is not automatic. That's okay, but I wonder if a boolean attribute could be introduced for "auto-sort children"? This way, certain items could always have their children sorted and one wouldn't have to issue the Tree / Sort Siblings command all the time for these items.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:58 PM

The only change in Version 1.3 related to sorting in the Data Explorer Tree is that importing multiple Info Items will preserve the original order of the imported items when the new Info Items are the only children at the location (existing children of that parent won't be resorted).

Is this the changed behavior you are reporting? If so, this was by design. If not, please provide more detail and we'll investigate.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:06 PM

No, it's not with importing items - just manual addition of items.

I just created a 'test' folder item. Below this, I started adding random children (apple, banana, pear, peach, orange, etc.). The first child I entered with Insert from the parent item. Then I used Shift-Enter to add more siblings at the child level (although it doesn't appear that the method of addition affects the behavior). The child items all appeared in the order they were entered and not alphabetically sorted.

Before, adding items like this would default to sorting them alphabetically until you manually changed the order of one of the items.

I also tried the same test in a new file just in case it was something to do with my main file, but I got the same behavior in the new file.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:33 PM

More info:

The behavior seems different depending on the default child template. I haven't done a lot of testing yet, but I was just adding some contacts to an item whose default child is the contact template. The children were sorted alphabetically.

I'll try some other types and report back. So far, I've only noticed the problem with sorting on items of the folder type.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:59 PM

I downloaded and installed the latest 1.3 installation file, and my sorting problems have disappeared.