Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-24-2007, 07:58 PM

minimize on startup

There is another thread on this but, despite changing the millisecond settings, etc. URp refuses to minimize on startup on my machine. (w2ksp4). Not a big deal but there it is.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Re: minimize on startup

Oh - so you are still using "w2ksp4".

I apologise in advance for nit picking - but why have UR auto start when you are going to have it minimized anyway? With you being a long standing member of the UR community, you presumably use UR a lot, and click the system tray UR icon soon after Windows finishes loading. Why not allow Windows to stabilise before clicking on a desktop or quick launch icon to initially start and present UR?

My preferred approach is to protect critical database applications by letting Windows carry on with its load up commotion before opening them manually. I'm not helping fix your problem but perhaps you'll enlighten me as to what I'm missing out on by not having UR auto start?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 AM

Re: Re: minimize on startup

Quote:
Originally posted by zargron
[snip][snip] My preferred approach is to protect critical database applications by letting Windows carry on with its load up commotion before opening them manually. I'm not helping fix your problem but perhaps you'll enlighten me as to what I'm missing out on by not having UR auto start?
I don't think you r missing anything; just a different approach. Yours is probably smarter/safer than mine which is based on laziness.

Having said that, there is an option for URp to minimize on startup which URp doesn't do on my machine.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Re: Re: minimize on startup

Quote:
Originally posted by zargron

My preferred approach is to protect critical database applications by letting Windows carry on with its load up commotion before opening them manually.
I'll second that emotion...

It's bad enough that AVG anti-virus is running out and checking for updates everyday when I bootup, then Windows update runs whenever it wants to, and god knows what else is running in the background - hell the bootup is taking long enough as it is.

Once the system finishes booting and seems stable, I still need to launch Outlook, then my Real Estate MLS program, then UR - these three I leave up and runing all day - then any other programs that I might need off and on during the day.

Just sayin'...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:53 PM

OK, I'm convinced. It's a done deal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: