Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
but I suppose bonsai filters only based on the item title
You can filter almost against any aspect of the database with Bonsai filters. I think ShadowPlan outliner was also good in this respect.
Btw. MLO mentioned above, will have this soon.

Quote:
Is is that crucial to see the tree structure for the items matching filter in the search result pane?
It certainly helps, sometimes a lot.

Quote:
You can navigate the search result pane, see given item's parent's, children, open it in new tab, rerun the search etc.
UR is flexible and one can do a lot of things. The thing is, if you do this often, are you going to bother, or are you going to use something better suited for that particular functionality?

Quote:
Can you give an example or explain when having a filtered tree is a necessity for the problem at hand, so that I can better understand its usefulness?
I can't speak for others, but this is not about necessity.
In same manner, I could have asked "Is it necessity to use UR, when I can as well store all my text snippets in Word", but I didn't and purchased UR, because it works smarter.
For me, tree filtering is about working smarter, quicker/saving time, and having a better visual grasp of the situation, and avoiding confusion.

I don't have time to read whole thread, just would like to add my vote for the tree filtering.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: