Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-06-2005, 05:39 AM

Macros/API inside and outside Ultra Recall

Hi,

This is a great product. I'd like to know if you plan to have macro/API capabilities?

I mean:
- inside the text editor of the product, provide the capability to write little macro to paste standard snippets of text or even do a little formatting
- potentially later I guess, automate modifications accross several nodes. For example build a macro which would modify in all nodes under a given directory a given piece of text by another

- from outside the product I'd like to acces the database in order to query it or to add/remove data into it

And a little one: can we insert with a keyboard shortcut the current date+time in a text note. This is very handy for a logbook.

Regards
Eric
Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Re: Macros/API inside and outside Ultra Recall

Quote:
Originally posted by lerognon
Hi,

This is a great product. I'd like to know if you plan to have macro/API capabilities?

I mean:
- inside the text editor of the product, provide the capability to write little macro to paste standard snippets of text or even do a little formatting
- potentially later I guess, automate modifications accross several nodes. For example build a macro which would modify in all nodes under a given directory a given piece of text by another
This is the first request we've had, but making the app scriptable would be useful, and we'll consider it for a future release.

Quote:
- from outside the product I'd like to acces the database in order to query it or to add/remove data into it
Providing a way to automate querying the database is on our list, not sure if data modification will also be possible. You can automate importing documents via the command-line flags: http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/?command_linesyntax.htm

Quote:
And a little one: can we insert with a keyboard shortcut the current date+time in a text note. This is very handy for a logbook.
This is a good suggestion. Right now, you can paste the date via Alt+C, Enter, but we'll see about supporting date+time as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: