Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
quant, there are a few ways around the company firewall - I did so when I worked for the engineering company. Of course if there is a threat of termination of employment by doing so then it is probably too big a risk.
i don't want to do anything that's not allowed
Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
How do you handle UR at work now? USB flash drive? A lot of companies forbid those also.
usb doesn't work. the only thing that works is external email, i.e. it's not explicitly forbidden (apart from gmail, gmail doc, ...). that means i can only work with about 10MB files. as i mentioned in another thread, it would be nice if one could sync UR items, at the moment it's very painful, cause only thing i can do is to create new items at work and send them "home" (non-confidential stuff), or take part of the "home" db to send to work for "read only" purposes.

i also tried teamviewer to connect to my pc from work, it worked fine most of the time, but i'm worried that this is a big security threat for the company, so i'd rather not use it at all.

other thing i tried was mybase that i run on my webserver, this works quite well, the only problem is that it's not UR

so if i could run UR on my webserver, i'd be happy. it's not gonna happen any soon so if you have any suggestion, i'm listening ... thanks