Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM

Bal, I agree with you completely.

Isolating one specific node so it is like the root node, and all the subtopics that fall under it, is really what I mean when I talk about a simple toggle hoist/dehoist.

Some of the other suff Kevin mentions would be nice -- but it is not essential to hoisting.

In other programs, links in the hoisted material still work, so that shouldn't be an issue.

And as you say "this would be a wonderful beginning of this capability."

Am I right in assuming that most users wanting a hoist mechanism would be happy with the above as a start?

Daly

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
hoisting in the old days (and maybe in other programs today) meant simply this: I take a part of the outline and temporarily call the node I'm on "root." Nothing else. Search doesn't matter. Filters don't matter. All I want is to visually see from my new "root" down.

In fact I really don't want other stuff. I just want an uncluttered, manually toggleable ability to temporarily specify a soft root, and then to release it and go back to the original root.

I'd like to be able to do that in whatever tab I happen to be in.

If there's no other way, you can even de-activate all the related panes while I'm in "hoist mode." I dont' need to see children, parents, or search. I wouldn't mind being able to, but the main thing is to be able to focus from the soft-root down.

Nothing more.

I don't know about anyone else, but this would be a wonderful beginning of this capability.

I guess this is tough to wrap your arms around, but for me, it's really that simple.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Regards,
Bal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: