Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Unhappy How do I get started quickly with Ultra Recall

I just bought Ultra Recall and I'm trying to get productive quickly.

I took a look at some of the sample files and thought that using Software Inventory would be a great way to learn the ropes.

It was only after some frustrating time messing around I discovered (in a note in the help file) that they were read only and I had to use Save As to create a non read only version.

I wanted to bring the Software Inventory into my own Urd file. But I could not find a way until I decided that maybe I should just drag the folder into my file and presto, it worked.

After looking at one of the entries eg Roboform, I found that it displayed actual Webpage in the large box just below the Installer field.

So after some playing around, I discovered the Tools, Form, Program which showed me the "form" But I could not see a field for the large box below the Installer field.

How is it done ?

Is there a much simpler way to get a handle on the power of Ultra Recall without feeling that I'm stumbling around.

Or am I missing something basic here ?

I'm a "power" computer user, having been a long-time Ecco Pro user (until it was abandoned by Netmanage) and used many other PIM related software

But I feel somewhat frustrated by the learning curve I'm experiencing at the moment with Ultra Recall but I can see its great potential.

Where can I find some additional tutorials (other than 4 of them on the website) to get started quickly and start feeling somewhat more productive with Ultra Recall ?