Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 PM

insert new data at top

Can anyone think of a neat way to have the cursor derault to home, i.e. top of details page vs bottom? Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Re: insert new data at top

I don't know if I understand ... begin/end of item text? It seems to default to the top when I move from data explorer pane to item text by pressing tab. And one can also use ctrl+home, ctrl+end
Is this what you meant?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Re: Re: insert new data at top

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
I don't know if I understand ... begin/end of item text? It seems to default to the top when I move from data explorer pane to item text by pressing tab. And one can also use ctrl+home, ctrl+end
Is this what you meant?
No & I wasn't very clear, sorry.

If user creates a new EX item/sub-item & tabs to detail page, URp will definitely go to top. But next time user calls that item's detail page, cursor seems to go to <ctrl><End> position.

My poroblem is that I'd like cursor to jump to top of item (as an option) so I can add new detail to top of pane rather than at the bottom. This is particularly true of an item linked to a form template. Rather than scroll down I'd like to see the most recent data at top of page.

In The Bat! email program, Thunderbird & others, there is an option to reply above rcvd msg or under rcvd msg.

I hope this clarifies what I'm asking. I suspect there is no automated way to do what I want w/o an option.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: insert new data at top

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
But next time user calls that item's detail page, cursor seems to go to <ctrl><End> position.
How do you "call" that item's detail page? In my case, pressing keyboard tab (or clicking on tab), it always go to beginning of the item's text. Only when I move to data explorer pane without changing the item, it goes to most recent cursor location, one can use F5 to refresh the item to "go home" ;-)
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: insert new data at top

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
How do you "call" that item's detail page? [snip]
I do it the same way you do but I think the problem for me comes from my usage. Most of my text entry work is done in forms. So cursor does go to the top of the page, i.e. top of form where title resides but I need to go to top of details area. Does this make sense. I mean am I explaining this so you can see the problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: insert new data at top

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
I do it the same way you do but I think the problem for me comes from my usage. Most of my text entry work is done in forms. So cursor does go to the top of the page, i.e. top of form where title resides but I need to go to top of details area. Does this make sense. I mean am I explaining this so you can see the problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
It makes sense, but weren't you saying before that it goes to "END" of item? Now you say the problem is because it goes to item's form.

OK, this should be then a request to Kinook.
There are already options to set focus to item details, and set focus to form when inserting.

The first option could be split into two, to cover all possible options of user needs:
1.set focus to item details form
2. set focus to item details (the actual text area)

and the current "set focus to form when inserting." would become the sub-option of 2.