View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM

Just my 2-cents

I think that Kinook's responses are always going to be from a perspective of UR's operation and function - a narrow focus that at times has me scratching my head to understand. Maybe it's because they are programmers, or it's just their writing style. Even though I find their responses insightful I still turn to other users for an application perspective.

Yes, the help file could use more practical examples - something that is addressed on the page for Title Expressions (Getting Started | Basic Concepts | Template | Custom Item Titles) - but the Help file does do a good job of explaining the function and operation of the program, the application of this is up to the user and here I turn to this forum for interpretaion (and help). In fact, the availability of this forum was a major consideration in my buying decesion.

As J-Mac mentioned his experience is in MS-Access which has more 3rd-party books (and Consltants) available than you can shake a stick at, and my own experenice comes from Alpha Software which has a user-base large enough to support 3rd-party books and consultant services.

Is there room, or the need, for more in-depth documentation - probably, but frankly I would prefer Kinook to focus their energies on implementing items on the Road Map. Specific documentation for user application of the program may have to come from the user community, something that I have always supported.