View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 11:35 PM

Thank you, Kyle, for looking into this. I had downloaded the sqlite-dll-win64-x64-3380500.zip
(896.46 KiB) 64-bit DLL (x64) for SQLite version 3.38.5.
from https://sqlite.org/download.html and had intended, after unzipping, to install the resulting .exe in parallel to my/your
c:\SqLite.exe, as
c:\SqLite64.exe,
in order to compare their behavior upon DBs,

being aware of course that while your exe works from inside UR, the "new" one would only work on UR files after renaming the suffix to ".db" or ".db3".

(Btw, you are absolutely right re the signature: almost all my UR files have born in fact the generic signature now, without my knowledge, me having run the same, now unnecessary script on them again and again!)

As for their aforementioned, "new" zip, against my expectations, this did NOT resolve to an .exe, but to a .dll, and double-click on that does NOT bring about a command-window executable, but a (basic) graphic user interface (!!!), and from their site, there is NO "modern" and generic version of the (old/older) executable you had compiled!

Since in-between (i.e. AFTER compiling the .exe), you have kindly resolved the "signature problem", it seems that another "special executable" version of yours will ONLY have the specific to also work on (otherwise generic) SQLite files with ".urd" suffix, which obviously is a much less "intervention" into their original code than you had to do before;

thus, it might be quite easy (?) for you to build a new .exe file, from their current source code? ;-)

(I might have overlooked that with a special command line, i.e. instead of just double-clicking on their .dll, triggering it within a command-window, together with special attributes, the .dll might work as originally expected by me, i.e. without showing the aforementioned GUI instead?)