View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
[B]OK - So I stupidly created a keyword starting with an equal sign (=), as in =new results. I was hoping that this would truly limit my searches by enabling me to put the equal sign before the word new in an advanced search.
for that uses, there is an option in search to limit to user defined keywords only, so you could simply use the keyword new, but this keyword is excluded so you wouldn't find it. But searching for "new" (which would be full search) would do the trick. So you should prefer the user defined keywords that are not excluded (you can modify those that are).

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
[B]OK - So I stupidly created a keyword starting with an equal sign (=), as in =new results. I was hoping that this would truly limit my searches by enabling me to put the equal sign before the word new in an advanced search.

Doesn't work that way. Maybe = is a wild card?

Anyway, when I do the search for =new results, I get 39 items. I have Ctrl+K'd through each one to uncheck all instances of =new results, and not one of the matched items shows the keyword as checked off.

I can't easily find the one or few items that I set to that keyword phrase. So it just sits there at the top of the keyword list.

I hope I've spelled out my difficulty clearly. If not, let me know and I'll try some more...
just search for "new" and set to search only user defined keywords ...