View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metta View Post
With another quick look at EPIM, I like the fact that it includes email functionality since that would be useful to me on my netbook -- and the unlimited database capacity is a huge (no pun intended) benefit.

Also, may I ask:
-- Do you use the "Notes" function in EPIM?
-- If so, what is your criteria for determining:
` which notes go into EPIM and
` which notes go into UltraRecall?

To be honest, my biggest concern now with introducing a new calendar app into the mix is that I may soon lose track of what information I put where!
Some of the questions you asked earlier will be answered here.

I try not to use the notes function in EPIM. All notations are kept in UR. Why? Because it is impossible to definitively decide on criteria as to which belongs where. There are too many gray areas. Although it is extra effort, I "schedule" appointments first within UR and create all links to the appointment item. The command line is then copied and pasted into the appropriate slot in EPIM's calendar. I can put a brief description, and I am set. A click on the appointment link in EPIM takes me to UR with all of the supporting information I need. Is it clunky? Yes, but until UR gains a calendar (I seriously doubt it ever will), it will do. The serious disadvantages come with printing a calendar (because most of the content remains in UR) and in synching to Google calendar. This is why you would be tempted to keep your notes in EPIM.

For these reasons I don't heavily rely on synching, other than using Google Calendar as a reminder. My UR database and EPIM file gets copied to a USB stick and it goes with me. I can also use dropbox or something similar. UR and EPIM come in portable versions, so you can bring these along too.

Jon