View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM

Unfortunately, checking the 'Display the compiler command-line that is used...' does not display the command line. The build is failing even before the command line gets called.
What happens between the instant that the step is hit and the instant that the command line is called?

I have tried building a new dummy web project from scratch and I cannot build it. How is it possible that this build tool cannot build a simple C# web project?

The error I am getting (Error loading info for project file 'http://localhost/Intranet/WebProjectTest/WebProjectTest.csproj': The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.) makes me suspicious that the VS.NET step is trying to do something that it shouldn't (eg load info for project files). As far as I'm concerned, if this step is simply calling devenv.com, then the only thing the step should be doing is populating the command line arguments (path to solution file, debug/release version, /out options). But clearly the VBPro VS.NET step is doing somethign else.

Please ANYONE let me know what else this step is doing before it calls the devenv.com command.

Thanks in advance