View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bookman
Back on the subject of a quick shortcut to the most current item, which is basically the most recently saved "bookmark", I was hoping to find a shortcut in the Keyboard Shortcut list or perhaps in the command line items.

Unfortunately, I could not find anything there.

I supposed it would not very difficult to implement a shortcut to the "most recent item".

However, I could be wrong.
Sorting the Child Items pane in reverse Date Created order would show the most recently imported item under that node at the top of the list.

Or, you could create a search item with an advanced search of Date Created greater than or equal to <today> with 'Store dates relative to current date' checked, reverse sort the Search Results pane on the Date Created column, then create a favorite for this search item. Then use the Favorites menu or assign a shortcut key to the favorite to locate the most recently created/imported item and select it to rename, add notes, etc.

Quote:
Or another way is that we could set a system option so that each time we saved an item, we make Ultra Recall the active application and bring it into focus too.

Could not find anything that I thought would do that too in the Tools, Options although there were some items that mentioned focus.
Checking 'Tools | Options | Import | Select location when importing or pasting from other applications' also activates UR when importing from other apps and allows choosing the location to import to.