View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Using Ultra Recall as a Bookmark Manager besides its many other great functions

Ultra Recall already provides a button Firefox or Internet Explorer to

Copy to Ultra Recall

Is there a way that I can say by pressing Crtl and clicking the button, Ultra Recall just store the keywords that it places in the Item Title in the item title without actually copying the webpage into Ultra Recall.

And perhaps at the same time provides a Pop-up field that allows me to enter a few personalised details into the Item Title.

Say for example if I came across the website via Stumble Upon, I may like to just add Stumble into the Item Title.

Now you may wonder why I may want to do that.

It basically allows me to add another use to Ultra Recall - to use it when necessary as a bookmark manager.

There are many situations where I don't necessarily want to keep a copy of the page in Ultra Recall. But I just want to be able to recalled that I stumbled on to that site for example. A side benefit is that it also keeps my Ultra Recall Database smaller.

Saving a bookmark also makes the "operation" much faster as opposed to copy the entire webpage into Ultra Recall.

A work around of course is to just highlight a small segment of the webpage and then click copy to Ultra Recall.

But that means I still have to take another step to edit Item Title and add the word Stumble

Last edited by bookman; 09-02-2008 at 08:08 AM.