View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM

Building VS Unicode Configration

I've been using VBP to build a solution with 5 projects in it - i've been building the Release|Win32 solution configuration. We recently switche to using unicode and I'm trying to switch VBP to build the Unicode configuration: Unicode Release|Win32. It continues to build the release version, though. Now that I've looked at the command-line output before, but it looks to me like it's still using the Release|Win32 configuraiton. Here are the command lines that are generated:

Code:
Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
    Building solution configuration "Unicode Release|Win32".
Target Build:
    Target Sockets:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\..\..\vc\vcpackages\vcbuild.exe F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\lib\sockets\Project.net\Sockets\Sockets.vcproj "Release|Win32" 
    Target RvcOb:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\..\..\vc\vcpackages\vcbuild.exe F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\lib\RvcOb\RvcOb.vcproj "Release|Win32" 
    Target DvrApi:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\..\..\vc\vcpackages\vcbuild.exe "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\Tools\DvrApi\DvrApi.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj" "Release|Win32" 
        Deleting file "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\Tools\DvrApi\DvrApi.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj".
    Target Typhon:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\..\..\vc\vcpackages\vcbuild.exe "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\lib\Typhon\Typhon.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj" "Release|Win32" 
        Deleting file "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\..\lib\Typhon\Typhon.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj".
    Target HealthCheck:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\..\..\vc\vcpackages\vcbuild.exe "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\HealthCheck.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj" "Release|Win32" 
        Deleting file "F:\perforce\DVR\PC-APPS\Main\HealthCheck\HealthCheck.tmp_Unicode Release_Win32.vcproj".

Build succeeded.
    0 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)
I've also posted a screenshot of the properties page for the VS build step.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Here's the install info:
Code:
Visual Build Professional 6.3
Registered to: Verint Video Solutions (1-computer license)
Windows Version: 5.2.3790.1.0
Install path: C:\Program Files\VisBuildPro6
SftTree_IX86_U_50.dll version 5.05
unins000.exe version 51.46.0.0
VisBuildCmd.exe version 6.3.0.0
VisBuildPro.exe version 6.3.0.1
VisBuildBld.dll version 6.3.0.2
VisBuildBurn.dll version 6.3.0.0
VisBuildCore.dll version 6.3.0.1
VisBuildDotNET.dll version 6.3.0.0
VisBuildExt.dll version 6.3.0.0
VisBuildLog.dll version 6.3.0.0