View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM

Unfortunately, I do not understand why you succeed in triggering those links, while you don't tell me why my "links" don't trigger anything.

With regards to your answer, I changed my setting again to this format:

ur://%DB_URL%?item=%ITEM_PATH%

and thus I get "links" in this format:

ur://C:/UR/i.urd?item=3019,1000

= real addresses, not fake ones.

Then, I try ListPro with them. No chance. Ok, ListPro's fault.

Then, I try this command in the DOS box (I've got Windows XP SP3, latest builds): NO CHANCE.

Then, I try the same command in the "execute box" ("Start", then "Execute" or whatever it might be in English): NO CHANCE !!!!!

Then, I try again and again to work out the same "link" in MS Word 2003: NO CHANCE !

I do a link to a "file or web page" there, with this

ur://C:/UR/i.urd?item=3019,1000

(or any other such item, I tried dozens of them).

There's two fields in the Word dialogue, Text to Show and Address: I put this into both or anything into Text to Show, but again this into the address field of the linking dialogue.

Then, I try and control-click: My browser (!) opens (= since Word did not know it's a file, not a web page, and hasn't got any indication like "file://" vs. "www." or whatever) with the message: Page cannot be found.

And so on and so on, I'm turning round here.

There MUST be something out there why you succeed in making your links work in your working environment, when I don't get anywhere with your instructions.

I'm certainly not playing around here, I'm searching for solutions, not for stealing anybody's time, at the very least mine.

So please, kinook, have a better look at this than just blaming me for not succeeding in creating those links. I'm sure you're not inventing them, but be sure I'm not inventing these problems either.