Thread: Un-Linking ?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 PM

Re: unlinking not possible?

Quote:
Originally posted by intermagic
Hi, I read this thread but I didn't get an answer to the main question: Is it possble to "unlink" a logical linking? This means: is it possible to delete the logical linking, but no one of the linked items? If not this could be a great feature for the next release, because I use logical linking very often for temporarly tasks and want to delete the linking after I done my tasks.
Firstly Ralf, convince yourself that unlinking in UR is not only "possible", but also a necessity for UR to call itself a (damn fine) outlining tool. Let's say you have a logically linked task as follows:
- Jim
-'-- «Phone to organise meeting

- Today
-'-- «Phone to organise meeting

> If you "delete" the task under Today, then it will remain under Jim.
> Furthermore, the task under Jim will appear to still be logically linked.
> The reason for that is because it IS still logically linked.
> It is logically linked to an item in the Recycle Bin.

The point that Kinook made in their post, was that if you use <Shift+Delete>, the task under Today will be removed, the task under Jim will remain, AND the logical link will disappear because you used the <Shift> key to override the default "delete to recycle bin" behaviour.

Try this for yourself in Windows Explorer. Highlighting a redundant file and pressing <Delete> will send the file to the recycle bin. Pressing <Shift+Delete> will permanently delete the file.