View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:00 PM

Error converting XML log to HTML

This has happened about three times now...just enough to start getting annoying.

"Error at line 13875, position 3 loading 'C:\DOCUME~1\Rdroll\LOCALS~1\Temp\2\bld995.tmp': End tag 'step' does not match the start tag 'build'."

The problem that I can see around that line is that one step did not log the <step...> or <name>...</name>, but it did get the output, status, and /step. So obviously the <step> tags are mismatched now.

It has not happened on the same step yet, but always happens near the end of my build, on line 13,000+ during steps where I'm copying 5-20 files around. There are a couple dozen of these file copy steps. It has only happened when I run my build through the GUI, about 3 out of 8 times now. Every command-line build (which I've run nightly for about a week on this new computer) has worked just fine. I just moved my build to a faster computer and it started doing this.

It's like it's having trouble writing out to the .log file for some reason while starting a random step but just ignores it and continues on.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Rob